Friday, April 30, 2010

Gabriella Cilmi shows she's all grown-up in sexy photoshoot as she turns disco diva for new single

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtOuDF4r5Y0endofvid
[starttext]
By Daily Mail Reporter

Gabriella Cilmi


Two years after she was catapulted from obscurity into the charts with breakthrough pop hit Sweet About Me, Gabriella Cilmi is channelling a more mature look for her new album.

Having turned 18, Cilmi has put her teen pop days behind her for a sexy new style.

Promoting her second album and latest single Hearts Don't Lie, Cilmi strikes a sultry pose in a skimpy yellow swimsuit.


Despite her sexier image and recent photoshoot for FHM magazine, Cilmi insists she won't be a regular in men's magazines.

She said: 'I look at them and I laugh at them, because I know that they're not very representative of me, and who I am as a person, and what my music's about.

'I thought Pink's done it, Beyoncé's done it, all these people have done it, and I'm like, 'You only live once, why not give it a shot?

'Would I do it again? I don't think so. I guess you learn not to get caught up in the same stuff, you learn for next time. I don't regret it, but I wouldn't do it again.'

As part of her new disco diva image for her new album Ten, Cilmi shows off her dancing skills in variety of colourful dresses in the fast-paced video for Heart's Don't Lie.

In a recent interview, Cilmi admitted her dresses are so tight, she fears she may collapse.


Winning formula: Cilmi's new single sees her reteam with pop production house Xenomania


She said: 'I love the whole disco fever thing - but sometimes my dresses are so tight, I feel like my lungs are going to collapse.'

Hearts Don't Lie sees Cilmi re-team with English pop production house Xenomania, who have been responsible for most of Girls Aloud's biggest hits.

It's the second release from her new album Ten, which Cilmi describes as 'lots of uptempo funk and disco-inspired numbers designed to make people groove'.

Now based in England, the Melbourne-raised star admitted she's got a crush on young royal Prince Harry.

She told the Mail On Sunday's Live magazine: 'It's Harry's freckles that do it for me. They're so cute. In the very unlikely event that he asked me to marry him I'd have to decline.

'I'd never fit in at Buckingham Palace. If you'd ever seen me eat at the dinner table you'd understand. I attack my food. I need to wear bibs. My family have learnt to sit at a distance because my food flies everywhere. I don't think the Queen would approve.'

• Cilmi's new album Ten is on sale now. Her new single Hearts Don't Lie is out on June 7.
[endtext]